Having trouble naming your website? Can’t find a really good Twitter name? Want to create a flood of viral traffic for your site, but not sure how to do it?
Ask the crowd.
What is Crowdsourcing?
Simply put, crowdsourcing is outsourcing a specific task to a large undefined group of people.
SquadHelp has taken crowdsourcing to a whole new level. Using their infrastructure, dozens of creative designers, marketers and copywriters compete for your business. You can:
- Set timelines
- Set specific criteria and
- Manage the results
I recently ran a test on their site, and I’m really impressed. Here’s how it worked:
- I setup a 6-day test for a new tagline
- I put a $100 prize on the contest
- For another $25, I created a feature contest, to attract more entries. I’m not entirely sure I needed to do that, based on the flood that came in.
- I received 308 responses (91 in the first 12 hours)
- It’s true that there were a number of poorly thought out suggestions – around 30 or about 10%. The rest of the suggestions were spot-on. The copywriters followed the criteria and produced a set of impressive taglines.
- 41 of these suggestions made the short list
- 10 of these taglines were excellent. The hardest part was choosing the winner from these 10 entries.
- Once I chose the winner, SquadHelp took care of sending the prize amount to the winner.
How SquadHelp can help your online business:
- You will save time. Using a service like this will shorten your creative process. Submit your brief requirements and wait for the results. As soon as one day later you can have the contest concluded and your new intellectual property determined.
- You will get really good ideas. Expect a flood of great ideas. The ideas flow faster and freer from an outside source.
- You will save money. It would be impossible to hire a creative agency (at this price) to produce this content for you, and you would never get this volume of ideas.
Using SquadHelp is like having a high-priced (and always-available) ad agency on call – but for prices that are hard to believe.
Some of the areas the Squad Help can help:
Names & Taglines
- Domain Name Contest
- Tagline & Slogan Contest
- Brand Name Contest
- Twitter Name Contest
Marketing & Videos
- Viral Marketing Contest
- Video Creation Contest
- Article Writing Contest
- Article Submission Contest
- Press Release Contest
- Search Engine Optimization
Testing & Usability
- Usability Testing Contest
- Site Testing Contest
Research & Advice
- Conversion Optimization Contest
- Research Contest
Web Design & Logos
- Logo Contest
- Web Design Contest
- Business Card or Stationary
- Banner Ad Contest
If you decide to give SquadHelp a try, remember:
- Be as specific as possible in your criteria
- They offer a guaranteed refund if you aren't happy with the responses, so you can try them risk-free
- Consider making your contest private - preventing others from harvesting ideas in your contest