Gmail's canned response feature lets you save an email reply as a template. You can then use that template when composing a reply or in automated replies in filters. Save countless hours by typing out common email replies just once.
Time Required: 2 minutes
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the settings link in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the Labs tab. (See screenshot of Gmail settings tabs.)
- Look for the feature called Canned Responses.
- Select Enable next to the Canned Responses feature.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- You will now see a "canned responses" feature whenever you're composing an email. You can also use your email templates as an automated reply in filters. See these screenshots of canned responses in email composition form, canned responses in filters.