The Bottom Line
Honestly, this book was very hard to finish. It’s not often that I pick up a book that I can’t finish in a few hours. I found myself so distracted, chapter after chapter, that this one took me a long time. In fact, not since Attention! This Book Will Make You Money (Jim Kukral) have I seen so many great ideas in one place. Highly recommended!
- If you love online business you’ll love this book
- Actionable and interesting, these suggestions can be put into use right away
- Concept, execution and needed tools are all covered
- The volume and quality of ideas can be a little overwhelming. Its hard to know where to start
- The testimonials read a little like a cheap squeeze page
Description: The Laptop Millionaire
- Written by Mark Anastasi
- Published by Wiley
- Hardcover, 237 pages
- Teaches: How Anyone Can Escape the 9 to 5 and Make Money Online
- Support site: The Laptop Millionaire
Guide Review: The Laptop Millionaire
A mind that wanders while reading a book means one of two things:
- Either it’s a horrible read and can’t capture the attention, or
- it is so well written that it generates a flood of ideas, page after page
Fortunately for me (and you) The Laptop Millionaire is the latter. I had trouble getting through the book because of the number of ideas in each section. Each chapter covers a great idea from a few angles and then shows you how you can begin making money with it.
What Can You Expect in The Laptop Millionaire?
Author Anastasi covers three key areas in each chapter:
- The business concept
- The execution of the concept
- The tools needs to execute the concept successfully
Seldom do you find all three components in a book. Most authors explain concepts and approaches. Some explain how to carry it out. Seldom do any actually recommend good tools to actually do it.
The Topics Covered in The Laptop Millionaire:
- Chapter 1: E-Books
- Chapter 2: List building and E-Mail Marketing
- Chapter 3: Search Engine Optimization
- Chapter 4: YouTube
- Chapter 5: Facebook
- Chapter 6: Twitter
- Chapter 7: Fiverr
- Chapter 8: Outsourcing (Learn 3 Ways to Begin Outsourcing)
- Chapter 9: Local Business Marketing
- Chapter 10: Membership Sites
- Chapter 11: Webinars
- Chapter 12: Online Advertising
A few key areas are those on outsourcing (Chapter 8) and membership sites (chapter 10).
With all the great ideas in the book, I’m sure you will find yourself asking: "Where will I ever find the time to do all this stuff?"
In the chapter on outsourcing, Anastasi makes the argument for outsourcing to the Philippines instead of popular India. While I’m going to let your read his reasoning yourself, I do agree with him and this one point could make the difference of success or failure in your outsourcing efforts.
He also discusses how to use outsourcing to create a profit, not simply to free up your time. This is a key concept and this chapter alone is worth the price of the book.
Successful Membership Sites
We've all seen them. Probably many of us have subscribed or joined them before. And while at first glance they may seem too complicated to actually create, its time to reconsider them.
Along with numerous case studies, the chapter is broken into the following sections:
- Seven Types of Membership Programs
- Choosing a Topic for Your Membership Site
- How to Set Up Your Membership Site
- The Seven Step System for Building Profitable Membership Sites in 72 Hours or Less
- My First Ever Membership Site
By the time you get to the end of this chapter, you will have everything you need to create a profitable membership site.
Final Thoughts on The Laptop Milliionaire
With the volume of ideas, it will be hard for you to sit down and read it from cover to cover. Lucky for you, the book is written in a modular format. This allows you to pick and choose the chapters you are interested in and skip the ones you aren’t - all without missing any key points.
Whether you are new to online business or have an existing company you will benefit from this book.